Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Today is an I Want Day

Today is an I Want Day

What do I mean by that, well since I opened my eyes this morning it seams like all I have heard is I/We want.

On breakfast news, there were union members demanding that their employers stop there plans to end there final salary pensions. On the same news channel an MP was calling for public sector employees to give up their pension rights (retiring at 60 years of age), when are the masses in this country going to wake up to the propaganda machine?

The reason that public sector employees have such good pensions is over the years they have accepted part of their yearly pay rise has been an increase in their pension entitlement. Other sectors of the employment battle ground have managed to get over the years large pay rises and no increase in their pensions because the believed that their finial salary schemes [linked to the stock market) would see them right in their old age.

Wrong, yet again. If there is one thing I have learned in my life, it’s never relying on anyone else. Or in the words of one of my old bosses “Trust No One and Count Your Money after Your Father”. Now I know that sounds a bit hard. But believe me it’s not a bad way to lead your life.

At work today it’s been a day of people finding things on there desks that are urgent, or were when they were given them to do several weeks ago. Why do I have to suffer for their inefficiency? It’s always Can You, Will You.

Or my favorite is WE ARE IN TROUBLE. How can I be in trouble just because they have only just asked me for facts and numbers which are needed for meetings tomorrow. Well let’s just say that they were sweating, but as usual the fool comes through.

You would think I would have an endless supply of chocolate on my desk, but no, as soon as they have been bailed out of the SHI!, they do not want to know till the next time.

But that’s just life.

By the way can anyone tell me how I leave home in the morning and do not spend any money all day, but still come home with less than I went out with???????

No comments: