Saturday, November 12, 2005

It's so unfair

Just what does it take to get some peace and quiet in this world; the wife has just gone to her mothers for the day and left me a shed load of things to do. Hey it’s my day off too. Not that the world is against me but I thought cheese on toast for breakfast, great. Nope it’s burnt, now I have to clean the grill as well as everything else. Life is so unfair.

One of the many jobs left for me by my lovely bride was to collect her prescription from the local chemist/pharmacy, tell me why do they always take your prescription and money make you wait 10 minutes before they tell you that they do not have the full order and can you call back in a few days? It’s like furniture shops these days have very few items in stock, once again they take your money and make you wait for your goods. Is this the way of our goods on demand society? Maybe be our fore bearers did know something after all, they would never pay for the promise of goods in a few days/weeks/months in the future. Hell you can sit on the floor but without medication you can DIE.           

No comments: