Sunday, February 12, 2006

Nobel Prize for humanity

Nobel Prize for humanity


The wife has been in hospital since last Tuesday and what with work and then visiting and then washing and ironing and thinking about a meal (that's all I did think about it till last night).

Still it looks like she is on the mend, I PRAY, and believe me I do not do a lot of that.

I just think that who ever invented meals that come out of the freezer straight into the microwave should be voted for the Nobel Prize for humanity. But after a few days sweet and sour chicken just loses its appeal.

Do you in the middle of the hours of darkness sometimes let your mind wonder, and think what if?

So many things that I have done in my life and none of them ever prepare you for the trials and tribulations that come along and bite you in the arse.

Last night I woke about 2 in the morning and reach over to hug the wife and she was not there, until my sluggish (and some say thick) mind came around to remember that she was in hospital I panicked. But after that I lay there and thought.

I have the whole quilt, not just a corner of it.

I thought about what I was going to have for breakfast in the morning (eggs, sausages, and mushrooms).

I could fart in bed with no fear of retribution.

Maybe its time to enjoy life until she returns. Now I enjoy it when we are together but it might not be a bad idea for the mind to have its freedom in the middle of the night as this morning I feel a lot better and more settled.

No comments: