Sunday, December 11, 2005

My Hero.

The director of a local charity had never received a donation from the town's most successful business, so he asked for a contribution.

"Our records show you make £500,000 a year, yet you've never given a penny to charity," the director began. "Would you like to help our community by doing so now?"

The boss replied "Did your research show that my aged mother is no longer able to care for herself, and is currently in an expensive nursing home?"

"Um, no," mumbled the director.

"Or that my brother is not only blind, but unemployed?"

The stricken director began to stammer out an apology.

"Or that my sister's husband recently died in an accident," said the boss, his voice rising in indignation, "leaving her penniless with three kids to look after?"

The humiliated charity director said helplessly, "I'm sorry, I had no idea."

"So," said the boss, "if I don't give any money to them, why should I give any to you?"



Sent to me by the bitch (she thought correctly that it would appeal to my sense of hummor...

No comments: