Sunday, August 13, 2006

Pissoirs may become an American target!

This was published in our local free newspaper this week. Its called the Truro Packet and can be relied upon to put a differant slant on the news in its letter page.

But I wish to nominate Peter Mahoney for a Pulitzer Prize....

The artical....

I'm very concerned by the news that Newquay has installed the first of three underground pissoirs.

Newquay's wee problem apart, I am afraid that with American spy planes traversing the globe and able to identify on the ground from a great height, the smallest of details, these pissoir installations could well be mistaken as underground launching sites for inter-continental, nuclear missiles. Given America's predilection - gung-ho, bomb it first, ask questions later, notwithstanding our current supposedly "friendly" connections with the US - Newquay is, in this respect, at potential grave risk.

Accordingly, should I ever feel the need to relieve myself whilst in north Cornwall, I certainly won't be going anywhere near these Newquay underground pissoir sites.

No comments: