Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Wallys at the supermarket

Wally’s at the supermarket.


Anyone who reads this blog will know what I think of idiots who can not park their cars correctly. But the idiots at supermarket trolley bays are just as bad.

Twice a week she who must be obeyed forces/allows/treats me to a shopping trip to our local super store. Just lately it’s been a branch of ASDA.


Now I know I’m a grumpy old man, but to be fair to the staff at our local branch, they are very good. Nothing appears to be too much trouble for them; they will even take the trolley to the car in the rain for you after loaning you and umbrella to stay dry in the rain. Even the young man who collects the trolleys from the bays and where ever they have been abandoned in the large car park is so polite that I can find no fault.

Now she who must be obeyed like to use the smaller of the trolley types and when you collect these you have to place a One Pound coin in the handle to release a chain and when you return the trolley to a bay you push the clip in the handle and get your Pound back. Go on you know what I’m talking about.

Then why is it some morons just push there trolleys into the bay, with no regard to what type of trolley it is. More often than not we/I have to move the bigger type out of the way to get to the chain to reclaim our Pound coin.

Well this Sunday I had to more 7 yes that’s right 7 trolleys to get to the chain. I duly clipped the chain to our used trolley and reclaimed my coin. Before I had even got back to my car some one had managed to push there trolley in the place I had made.

There’s no excuse its just plain bloody laziness.

I think supermarkets should charge for all trolleys. Maybe that way people would put them back in the right place.

No comments: